Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Thursday, September 28, 2006





Thursday: This week has gone well (so far) with the framing company. They are doing an excellent job ... and I'm sure to tell them whenever I catch the foreman on site. This evening I managed to "drag" Nathan and the dog Holly, both on tethers (big smile) up to the property. This alone is quite a fete as they both seem to want to go in different directions (at once)! As you can see from the photos, Nathan found his room and posed by his "window" opening. There was a small measurement problem ... probably a miscommunication with the draftsman. I told him my dining room needs to be 12'x12' (I'm thinking all along inside measurements) ... he made it that size from the outside measurements ... thus, giving me an 11'x 11-1/2' room; making the width a bit too tight with my buffet cabinet. My (wonderful) builder was able to fix the problem by making a slight adjustment to the pantry and adding a "bump-out along affected wall. I'd much rather have the bigger dining room and lose a foot of pantry space!
Photos: Framing progress this week, Nathan standing in his new room, nightfall tonight barely showing main floor and basement walls.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Dear Mrs. Mac.. What a little darling! Today in Bible reading, I looked up the meaning of his name. Nathan means gift!!
I think he sure is one of four wonderful gifts that the Lord gave to you and your husband
I will write later on tonight...love from your Canadian friend...Terry

Of your blogs, I like this the best because I like to see how the house is progressing...

Pat said...

Nothing like seeing that beautiful lumber! It looks so BIG! It's getting really exciting now, much easier to visualize. Where's my room?