Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Sunday, October 29, 2006





My Sunday drive found some more work done at the new home. Window trim, soffits, copper roof, front porch floor and support beam are done. This coming week the framers should finish up with the stairs leading up to the porch and a few other minor items. My daughter, Ann's, baywindow bedroom has a deeper than normal closet to later accomodate a mainfloor laundry room ... it's now had the plumbing roughed-in. Everything is moving right along. We had snow flurries and sleet today ... with some snow showers expected tonight.

5 comments:

Pat said...

It must be exciting to see progress happening right before your eyes. Where's sawdust?

Mrs. Mac said...

Sawdust got sent to the "farm" ... I'm hoping he had a microchip and is once again enjoying the love of his family. Nathan and Sawdust would not have made a good match.

Margie said...

what a beautiful home, i can't wait to visit!!

You are one smart woman (I already knew that), a lot of people keep or get dogs that are not well suited for their families!!

Jada's Gigi said...

This is so exciting and the house looks wonderful!!
hey where's your other blog? It won't come up for me today...is blogger acting up again?

Mrs. Mac said...

I can't find my other blog either? It will be around later I hope :)