Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Sunday, December 10, 2006


Yesterday, DH and I popped on over to the new home. It was an exciting day as quite a bit of the dry-wall had been put up on the walls. Now the interior is taking shape and the rooms are being defined. Hubby has dubbed his garage, The Barn, as it's about the size of one (1150 sq feet) with a 13 foot ceiling. He really liked the surprise of finding a gas heater/fireplace down in the basement. This was his Christmas present from me to him. Tomorrow, we're off to select the exterior rock trim and rock for behind the great room stove and the front of basement fireplace. What am I doing?? Posting and my daughter is getting married in two more hours???? Better run.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Yipee.. . my room is almost ready!!

Terry said...

Dear Mrs. Mac...I am finally back to "This New House" blog of yours and it surely seems that I have a lot of catching up to do!
This is such a cozy looking fire place and what a nice present from your husband!!
It will really come in handy with all the snowy weather you have been getting.

Guess what Mrs.Mac? We have now got a big pile of the white stuff.. It was really nice though the way that it was coming down tonight. Big snowy flakes and even though they WERE big, they hit the ground without a sound! Soft as a pile of feathers..

I don't really know if it will be packed enough to make a snowman but if I can. tomorrow I am going to make one for the Little Gift and post it on my blog. I will see!! And plus I will have to make a big snow ball with YOUR name on it!!....Love Terry