Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Wednesday, January 10, 2007





Yesterday the siding was completed. The only outside surface not covered is soon to be sporting a nice rock skirt below the garage windows. The plastering is completed inside and the "old world" plaster finish on the main floor looks fantastic. Even the "orange peel" finish in the other rooms is actually nice ... not too heavy of an application. Today the painter begins his magic of transforming the colorless walls into warm and inviting rooms.

5 comments:

Sara said...

so beautiful! i love being along for the ride and i'm finding myself rejoicing to see it all taking shape!

Pat said...

It looks wonderful..moving day is getting close!

Margie said...

i can't wait to come visit...

Jada's Gigi said...

Thsi is so beautiful! Post some pics of the old world plaster..I'm thinking of havign some of that done at my house...Can't wait til ou guys get moved in!

Mrs. Mac said...

Speaking of "old world plaster" ... my 17 year old daughter, Ann, asked why I'd pay extra to have the wall texture "uneven" ... "It looks like grandma's walls (she has real plaster walls) ... (she preferred the orange peel look ... :) I like the plaster myself.