Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Thursday, January 05, 2012

There's a hush .. in my home today.  The holidays are over.  Everybody is back to their respective places.   I feel a bit like a high school student that just graduated.  Knowing that there is work ahead (house cleaning, gardening, canning, etc.) ... but for today, I will bask in giddiness and sip tea any hour of the day, decide whether or not to make dinner ... wash laundry (yes/no) NO!  A day to relax and ponder what the new year might hold.  Tomorrow my feet will be planted firmly on the ground and I'll roll up my sleeves and put on my apron.  Until then .... p.e.a.c.e  o.u.t.

9 comments:

Deb said...

Ah ha...exactly.

Just like my blog today states...
savor the sweet nothingness!!

Lynda said...

You Go Girl! Whoot! Whoot! Enjoy!

Pam said...

You deserve a day just for you. I hope it was filled with many blessings.

JoyceP said...

Sounds good to me!

Diane said...

I so love those days when you're at peace with yourself, safe in your own home and surrounded with solitude! Hope you had a joyful day!


Many hugs...........

Di

Humble wife said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to reflect upon the holidays and of course relax before the sleeves go up!

Jennifer

Felisol said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me, not to be being, but to be.

Sue said...

Sounds absolutely PERFECT!
Love it!
Have a great weekend.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Quite a lovely way to spend a day, recharging your batteries. We need days like that, they make us appreciate our many blessings.

FlowerLady