Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Monday, June 11, 2012

It's A Dogs Life

Meet Ruby and Daisy; my daughter's dogs .. also known as my granddawgers.


They are semi-permanent fixtures at our home of late.  After my beloved golden retriever (Miss Holly) passed away last year, it's rather nice having the company of two adorable pooches.  But it's also nice that they will one day be reunited with their family.

Ruby (short for Rhubarb:)

The larger dog is a golden-doodle and the little one is a Cavashon; both dogs are somewhat hypo-allergenic in that they don't shed (much).  When I move, they move.  Get up .. they get up.  My shadows at large (and small).
Daisy-Mae

 Both are well behaved and can run off leash around our big (unfenced) yard with some supervision.  And if they start to wander off, I just bribe them with the promise of a treat when we go inside (that's what grandma's do best :)
wild roses are starting to bloom .. time to make jelly!

cloudless .. finally





Today we wondered around in the cloudless outdoors .. it's been rather soupy of late weather-wise, so we all needed to get out and smell the (wild) roses.

Will have a baby update perhaps later.  Also, the pictures are much clearer if you click on them.  I'm having problems loading pictures on my blog (again!). 

The Story of Rhubarb a book

3 comments:

Sandy Livesay said...

Mrs. Mac,

Granddwaggers, I like it!!!!
Ruby and Daisy are adorable dogs. I'm partial, I love dogs, and have rescued a few in my time.
It's great that they both pretty much listen to voice commands and of course a little influence with treats ;-)
Mrs. Mac, your gardens are beautiful, would you like to trade any time soon? -----LOL-----

Anonymous said...

Your granddawgers are adorable!

It finally felt like summer today, didn't it? Over the weekend, I noticed that I had some strawberries almost ready to be picked. (Can you believe that? They grew without any sun!) So, I went out to my garden (I love to say that.) this morning to pick them, and the birds had eaten them! =( I guess I will need to get some bird netting.

Sure hope Rowan is improving.

Haddock said...

That is an adorable dog.