Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Getting Ready For ...

Thanksgiving Day dinner ...

After making my dinner menu, then checking my pantry and freezer, it seems I just need to purchase cranberries, yams and sparkling apple cider.  Everything else is sitting on the shelf in the form of whole ingredients that need to be pulled and put together for a special feast.


But before we celebrate Thanksgiving, there's to be a little 'reveal' party this coming Saturday.  A cake is involved with pink or blue filling .. that won't be known ahead of time by anybody but God and the pastry chef (not even the parents will know).  Our daughter and her husband are expecting a baby in April .. and they only recently made the announcement public.  Today was the anatomy scan and everything looks perfect (hallelujah)!    So ...  this is their clever way of sharing in a bit of joy after such a gut wrenching/heart breaking year with the loss of their 6 month old daughter, Rowan, to a defective heart HLHS (hypo-plastic left heart syndrome).

Come Saturday night .. or Sunday I hope to post a picture of color for you; PINK or BLUE ... what do you think??

10 comments:

Lynda said...

Wonderful news!

We just had our 13 th grand child today..and she is our 10th granddaughter...all babies are such blessings!

Geno said...

It is good to hear they are expecting! Hopefully this can help bring some healing to all of you. Boy or girl, the baby and family will be in our prayers.

Diane said...

What an exciting way to 'reveal' the news! Can't wait for that 'color' announcement!

Saija said...

how wonderful!

Sandy Livesay said...

Great news, I'm so happy for you, your daughter and her husband. If I had to guess right now, I would say a beautiful baby girl.
I know, no matter what the sex is your daughter and husband will be proud parents.

Dani said...

Congratulations :) Absolutely wonderful news :)

Deb said...

Eyes filled with tears again...as I think of God's amazing love and grace and protection for this little one! I can't wait to see the reveal cake! I think I know, though - just a feeling. I could be right! 50/50, after all!

Jada's Gigi said...

what a wonderful way to celebrate! So happy to hear all is well on the baby front! I'm thinking it may be another boy...:)

Wendy said...

oh that's so fun about the icing in the cake!

Wendy said...

oh no. I didn't know about Rowan. I'm so so sorry for your loss...