“Some old-fashioned things like fresh air and sunshine are hard to beat. In our mad rush for progress and modern improvements let's be sure we take along with us all the old-fashioned things worth while.” Laura Ingalls Wilder

Thursday, March 06, 2014

Just Wondering ...

... if I'm the last one on the planet to get a salad/lettuce spinner?
Smallish in size .. salad/lettuce spinner.
I make salad twice a day and need washed and dried lettuce quickly, especially for our son's packed school lunch.  To me these gadgets seemed to be a big space waster.  But after being the recipient of one for my recent birthday, I'm a happy camper!  The model I received can have tap water running through it while the lettuce spins; which really doesn't work that well at actually washing, but it does an awesome job of drying cut/washed lettuce.  Bye-bye wet-soggy salads! 
A quick rinse and the spinner is clean enough to put away.

8 comments:

Tanya Murray said...

Love my salad spinner too!

Dani said...

LOL - I have been looking for a salad spinner, but cannot fnd one in our local little town. They are space wasters, are't they.

Dorothy Adamek said...

Can't live without mine. Such a simple but effective kitchen gadget. :)

Sue said...

I waited 32 years of my adult life to finally plunk down the money. Though I prefer using it to my old methods, I do hate the space it takes up in my tiny kitchen. Oh well.......

a8383 said...

I love mine! Also great for drying basil well to make pesto! Angela

Mrs. Mac said...

@LOL Sue .. 32 years! I waited almost as long for my first seam ripper.

Angela .. oh my, using the spinner for basil .. now that will be helpful this summer.

Mrs. Mac said...

@ Dani .. this one came from a little hardware store.

Anonymous said...

I love mine as well but my favorite thing is that it is also wonderful for keeping the washed lettuce fresh for quite a while. I just store it as is in the refrigerator.

Sally