Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Reclaiming My Passion

Home-keeper at heart. The past few years I've been preoccupied with other stuff.  Getting back to my passion for all things of hearth and home is rejuvenating.  Like rediscovering a favorite comfy sweater tucked away for years in the bottom dresser drawer.

Today's goals: 

  • Putter in the garden purposely, not rushed
  • Make an awesome braised pork shoulder roast for dinner
  • Be attentive to the Mr.  Hang with him in the garage.  Conversing.
  • Read three chapters from a book mom gave me for Christmas in 2012, with her hand written inscription, " Merry Christmas, 2012, when I saw a little clip of this story, I knew it was meant for you.  Enjoy, Love and Hugs, Mom and Pops."  After reading the first few chapters of the book, A Dog Named Christmas, it is clear how much thought she put into the gift selection. 
  • Long soak in the tub tonight
  • Church service online.  
Today's inspiration comes from Tasha Tudor. 

"Life isn't long enough to do all you could accomplish. And what a privilege even to be alive. In spite of all the pollutions and horrors, how beautiful this world is. Supposing you only saw the stars once every year. Think what you would think. The wonder of it!"  Tasha Tudor

6 comments:

Saija said...

blogging ... where our friendship began ... ((Hugs))

Constance said...

Hello Earth Mother!!! Welcome back!

Laurie said...

I love Tasha Tudor, and had never seen that quote. It's a keeper. I'll be checking out the book. Thanks!

donna said...

I'm so happy to see you blogging again. Maybe we can get Ms Terry in on the act as well. Isn't it sweet how God brings us full circle....back to where we first met...Big Hugs to you Cathy.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back! I've read all your new posts!

Maggie Ann said...

Hi Mrs. Mac, your home looks very cozy....I enjoyed seeing you via blogland again too.