Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Thursday, June 15, 2006


Blankity, Blank, Blank @#$% Here's my first rant about delays. It's been building up inside for the past few weeks ... OK ... now today I just whined and whined on the phone to DH. The house plans were supposed to be done at the engineers office over a week ago. When I wrote the builder he finally replied that engineering has ignored his call and they haven't gotten back with him. DH soothed the wild beast in me and, of course, was quick to remind me how fortunate we are and listed a zillion bad things that happened in Los Angeles over the course of the week. He's working the last year before he retires from the PD ... whilst I'm up here with the youngins getting the house built. Not sure which job is easier ... although I'd much rather be up here than stuck in the LA environs! Come to think of it, I may be PMS'ing as I normally don't rant and rave much! (That's got to be it) STILL WAITING and in blueprint mode!!

No comments: