“Some old-fashioned things like fresh air and sunshine are hard to beat. In our mad rush for progress and modern improvements let's be sure we take along with us all the old-fashioned things worth while.” Laura Ingalls Wilder

Sunday, March 29, 2009


Furniture spray wax can be replaced with a home made formula to easily clean your wood furniture. By mixing 1/2 teaspoon olive oil with 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (or vinegar) in a glass jar with a lid, you can dab a bit on a soft recycled cleaning rag when you dust (shake well before using). You can find similar recipes by searching the web. Bye-bye dust ... bye-bye expensive store bought products that pollute the air and take up space in the landfill. I like to think of it as 'salad dressing' for your furniture :) It really does work.

3 comments:

Felisol said...

Dear Mrs. Mac,
I went back to see if you had come up with something for my furniture. Sure you had. I'll try the olive oil/ vinegar mix.
Thanks for sharing.
Have a happy, green week.
From Felisol

Pear tree cottage! said...

my dear friend what a lovely idea, the smell of the lemon's would remind me of my grandmothers garden she grew the biggest lemons I have ever seen and now the tree has gone..........saddly!

I will be sure to mix some of that and will find a thousand spots to use it in my home.

How are you and your family spring must be close at hand as Autumn reaches out to us here.

Lee-ann

Maggie Ann said...

That sounds like it would smell good too.