- Buy certified USDA organic products (I have much mistrust of the USDA ...)
- Stay away from ALL processed foods (salad dressings, mayo, crackers, hot dogs .. unless they are certified organic .. and then be skeptical .. it's not that hard to make your own dressings, mayo .. etc.)
- Buy produce from local farms where you can talk to the farmer about their farming practices.
- Avoid EVERYTHING with soy products .. again .. unless they are certified organic .. and soy sauce says naturally fermented. Still ..use soy sauce sparingly. Soy is hidden in so many things that say 'natural flavorings' .. it's a catch all phrase that the government allows .. I'm allergic to 'natural flavorings'.
- We now will have a problem with buying organic meat with the government's recent allowance to plant genetically modified alfalfa. When the animals eat this stuff .. it passes on to us when we, in turn, eat them.
- Buy only single item foods. Whole grains, beans, rice .. and be sure it's organic.
The Unhealthy Truth (about how our food is making us sick)
Warning to British Government about US practices of GM foods
Seeds Of Deception
GMO news at Natural News.com
Organic Consumers Organization