Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

2012 Goals

After looking over my 2011 goals it appears we did well with the majors and failed in the minors.  Majors being paying down on debt, setting up a fenced raised bed garden.  Minors .. knitting socks, etc.

We plan on sticking with the budget again as it has become second nature .. and will allow us to, hopefully, be totally debt free by October.

Garden goals - set up a better compost station for the garden, planting ONLY those veggies that we like to eat and preserve.  Can more peaches.  Plant more sauce tomatoes and less for slicing.  Trim vegetation around the garden, hook up pvc line to garden sink.  Plant a winter garden (this is perhaps a dream).  Propagate geraniums and house plants to give as gifts.

Food storage - more wheat and dried goods.

Outings - Ride the Hiawatha bike trail, visit Glacier National Park (again), river raft trip.





4 comments:

Sue said...

All good goals.... Especially the travel part!
Glacier is such a beautiful place. I think I'd need a couple weeks just to explore.........
:)

Pat said...

All good plans! It seems that every year is a refining of the previous year doesn't it?
I'm trying to devise a simpler way to put my Christmas decorations away. In other words...eliminate the seldom to never used!

Laurie said...

Love the snowy scene. Congrat's on your successes!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I like the idea of setting goals. I never make resolutions. I am hoping to get our home equity loan we took when we had our kitchen remodeled paid off within a year, and then sock money away for retirement. I just wish I could get my husband to cooperate.