Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Letting Go

Handmade wedding alter



... of my baby girl.  This is the last week before her father walks her down the isle (er ... side of home and a makeshift isle on our lawn).  Having a wedding is exciting .. and having it at home is hectically exciting and busy.  She's had some help ... but the majority of work has been done by her.  She's got a country sign saying just about anything needing explaining.





We're praying for a God centered marriage; a good foundation to build the start to their family.

Last night I gave her the 'last' ... 'I'm you're mother, so do what I say' command.   Ann had been on her feet all day, was in a bit of pain from a previous vehicle accident, when I told her to just 'sit down and relax .. and no, you can't run to the store.  Whatever you think you need can wait until tomorrow' ... 

Soon she will leave her father and mother and form her own family unit with her new husband.



6 comments:

Felisol said...

Dear Mr. Mac,
This surely is a match made in heaven and has so far endured all shades of life before the everlasting promises are givien.
I so admire the style and thorough worked class in which this wedding has been pla down to last detail. Praying for sun, joy nad lots and lots of love for the dady to come and the days to follow.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely couple! I wish them lots of love and joy in their marriage.

When is the wedding?

FlowerLady

Mrs. Mac said...

I shall give her your best wishes for marriage .. the big day is August 30th.

Kim said...

Wishing her much love and happiness.

Anonymous said...

The signs etc are brilliant!, so stylish............
God bless the day and their lives together!

Blessings
Helen UK

Rebecca said...

Oh, I can't wait for the WHOLE story! I admire her style :)