We just underwent and survived the Great Windstorm of 2015. Losing power for 22 hours, many in our area are still without power after six days.
We had water in our neighborhood storage tank and stores of gallon jugs in our home, heat from our wood stove, the use of our gas cook top stove, well insulated freezers. Flashlights, batteries, oil lamps with fuel. Canned goods and juice.
On our list of 'hole' fillers: A large generator. Our home is wired for a generator to supply power to kitchen lights, refrigerator, microwave, and family room lights. I'd rather designate a generator to keep our freezers cold if need be.
The Mr. spent all of Friday cleaning up the yard from tree debris, pine needles.
Thank you to all of the linemen working long days trying to get everyone's electric power on once again.