Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Friday, October 06, 2006


This past week interior walls, doors, windows and one of two stairways were framed. Plus 80% of the exterior walls were covered over, and they started building the front porch. Ann's closet was expanded a bit to eventually convert to a main floor laundry room, and I gave up a corner cabinet of the kitchen to put in another very convenient doorway (before, there was just one way in and one way out). Next week we should start on the second floor above the garage and the roof trusses. Progress is sweet.

Photo: Ann standing near the storageroom door near walkout basement, 10/6/06

4 comments:

Pat said...

Glad to hear the next step will be to start working on my room!
That place looks wonderfully huge!

Terry said...

Dear Mrs. Mac...Thank you so much for cheering me up just now by wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving That was so kind of you.

I haven't been doing much commenting lately but I hope being as I finally have a day off tomorrow that I will get caught up.

Visiting hours don't start until about 2 at the hospital.

Because you wished me a happy day, I thought of one of my new blog friends, Noel Lewis. He is such a godly young man and a young father who truly loves his family but he is having some real heart breaks lately. Do you think that you can find the time to go and read his blog and maybe give him some sympathy?You are one person who really has a mother's heart Mrs. Mac!

This boy is not really that much older than you own boys[well quite a bit older that that little gift from heaven that God sent you!!]

I guess if you go on to my blog and click on to his name there, that it will take you to his site. The address I have on my desktop doesn't seem to be useful in finding it on google.

Terry said...

Thank you so much Mrs.Mac....Love Terry

Terry said...

Dear Mrs. Mac...I haven't forgotten you but I have been on the run the last few days. I worked this morning and now I have to go in for 7 and work tomorrow until 2 in the afternoon!!Anything just to save the job for my sister.I think she is going to be off for six weeks..
She is feeling well and only has to take a medicine, so I think she will be alright.
When I get home tomorrow I am going to have to clean up this computer..put a lot of files and folders into an external hard drive.Other wise I am afraid I might crash it. I am down to 27 percent space left!!!

God's blessing on you and please say hi to the little piece of heaven, that special gift you have from the Lord! Love Terry