“Some old-fashioned things like fresh air and sunshine are hard to beat. In our mad rush for progress and modern improvements let's be sure we take along with us all the old-fashioned things worth while.” Laura Ingalls Wilder

Thursday, February 01, 2007



Peeking in on the progress today, I found the front door installed. (The dark zig-zag lines are from a shadow). The windows have paper over them still, but I'm very pleased with the color. Down in the basement I found the fireplace ready for it's rock face and the split log mantel installed. It's got a fire going to help heat up the room until our furnace is officially turned on. Now I'll have to stain and varnish the log sometime next week. I'm becoming a regular "handy-woman".

3 comments:

Pat said...

OK, OK, lovely door, fireplace mantle to be stained....where's my room?
Seriously, it's looking so great, I love the windows in the door, are they leaded glass?

Mrs. Mac said...

Yes, Pat, the door windows are lead glass. This was my $100 great door find last summer. I'll be posting some pictures of your room as soon as the French doors are installed. I hope you don't mind sharing a room with a baby crib in it. I'm putting a crib up there for when Gramma (that's me) has him on visits.

Saija said...

it's looking cozy with a door to keep the cold out and a fireplace to warm you all up with! :o)