Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Monday, February 05, 2007





My builder will let me know officially tomorrow, but He thinks our move in date will be March 9th. He has to get the OK from the county planning office, which will be tomorrow sometime. Not too far off from the end of February; I can live with that. Today the granite counters were installed in the kitchen and two of the bathrooms. They came out bee-U-tee-ful ! I didn't have the heart to tell the builder that the granite people supplied the wrong kitchen sink ... there's nothing that could be done now ... and I'll just learn to love this one. Since it's an under mount and the sink holes are already in, nothing can be done . I'm not the type of person to have it all ripped out over something like that. Besides, the granite was hard to come by in this shade. Such a little woe when you consider much of what's going on the the world, and I AM getting a new house :) Wait til the cream color trim molding is in and the cream travertine back splash with a few bold iridescent glass accent pieces thrown in randomly are installed, then you'll see the connection of the wood and cream finishes and white modern appliances. (Trust me :)

Photos: Rock skirting under garage windows (front of house), Kitchen showing bead board at counter bar area (the bead board in the cabinet needs to be switched to a distressed cream color .. they put in white), rock fireplace surround with mantle.

6 comments:

Pat said...

I love it, love it - love it!
You're in the home stretch now, it won't be long!

Mrs. Mac said...

My hubby called to say he didn't like the beadboard! I told him the pictures are of a poor quality and to just trust me :) He only sees a portion of the design ... and can't imagine what I have in store for our kitchen ... he'll be nicely surprised when it's finished ... HE BETTER BE NICELY SURPRISED!!

Curious Servant said...

It is looking so good! How exciting!

Saija said...

i love the counter tops! if we reno here, that would be what i would like! but just like you, i won't change things like that for the sake of change - i'll just wait till things get worn out ... :o)

Pat said...

Personally - I love the bead board.
There, it's settled.

Idaho Dad said...

We have the same fireplace... One of our favorite features. We used it more than the furnace. I've been thinking about granite countertops in the kitchen. It's something we didn't do when the house was built and now I'm kind of regretting it. OH well, what would a house be without remodeling projects!?