Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Oh My

Two months in between posts ..

Pre-occupied I suppose is a good excuse! 


Now that school is out .. and 95% of the garden is planted .. my tasks have been more home maintenance oriented.  Windows, screens and sashes.


  Mowing lawn and weeds alike.  Waxing my linoleum floor (secret delight).


 I LOVE to walk barefoot on freshly waxed linoleum ... takes me back to my childhood before the advent of no-wax floors.  It really was a pain to strip floors and apply fresh wax .. I can handle the master bathroom and consider it a luxury in a weird sort of way.




The Mr. has pulled out box after box for me to sort through:  PAPERWORK!  UGH!! 

The computer has been replaced along with a new printer.  You know I had a Kodak printer that had no driver updates for Windows 8.  I HATE disposable stuff!!


Maybe I'll blog my way through summer.

10 comments:

Morgan said...

Glad to see you back - love your smart garden x

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Your garden looks so nice and neat! We've had so much rain and storm after storm that I'm not completely planted except for the grass/weeds that have grown like crazy!

Dani said...

Lovely to see you back :)

Barefoot - that's how I spend 90% of my days - even the warm winter ones LOL

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good to see you Mrs. Mac. Everything looks great there.

Happy Summer ~ FlowerLady

Anonymous said...

I missed you! I planted my heirloom tomatoes outside last Tuesday. Hope it wasn't too early. June is half over! When do you guys want to go fly fishing?!

Jada's Gigi said...

you have linoleum in your bathroom? Oh my..didn't realize they still made it! :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Mrs Mac

I have missed your posts!. The garden is looking good.

Helen

UK

Kirsty @ Bowerbird Blue said...

wow, you look super organised, love the garden

Sandy Livesay said...

Mrs. Mac,

Great to see you back and love the post.

I love polished floors, especially if I can put on a pair of socks and run and slide across the floor. Yes, I'm silly but one must have fun even if I'm old, I'm not dead yet.

I also love walking barefoot on freshly grown grass, it just makes you feel like your in heaven.

Your garden is coming along really good.

Laurie said...

So glad to see your post! Wow, that is a lovely looking floor... must admit, that's not one of my strong suits. Beautiful tile backdrop for your outdoor sink. Did you make it?