Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wednesday .. Wandering the Web

It snowed last night and part of today.  Finally.  If you're in the Polar Vortex or have been hit with unseasonably cold weather for your area .. just ignore my delight.  We've had very little snow this winter and it's really needed for our mountain snow pack.

The Mr. and I had our date day; an outing to town including lunch and window shopping downtown.  I'm not a big fan of eating out, so I packed my own little mini jar of homemade ranch salad dressing for my salad lunch.

Here are some good reads I found wandering around the web today. 

The 11 Most Destructive Nutrition Lies Ever Told

5 Signs Your Body is Starving for Vitamins

The Dangers of Not Getting Enough Vit. D

Cod Liver Oil ~ Myths and Truths of an Ancient Super Food

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Love your snow and we finally got some too. Sounds like a lovely date with your husband. I enjoyed quite a few of those while Shaun was away for nine months.
I am going now to read your links. They all sound interesting. I already subscribe to Healthy Home Economist though.
Have a great day!