Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Friday, December 22, 2006







A winter wonderland greeted me as I peeked in on the work at the new home. Today the workers had applied a top finish to the basement's stained concrete floor ... next step is a nice polishing ... looking good! We have part of the siding up ... the entire back side is done ... now they're working around to the front.

Photos top to bottom: Front with partial siding up ... taken a few days ago; dining room, new garage doors; evening time; neighbor's cabin (across the street from me).

6 comments:

Pat said...

I thought I'd let you know I got an over-night bag from my Secret Santa at work...should come in handy when my room is ready!
It really looks wonderful!

Saija said...

soon it will be ready to move in to ... i love the night shots, with lights aglow! blessings!

Terry said...

Dear Mrs. Mac..Your house DOES look nice with all that pretty snow around it.!!..Love Terry

Curious Servant said...

I like the bottom picture the best.

Snow seems like magic, doesn't it?

I'm glad you enjoyed that video.

I'll try to drop by again soon.

God bless.

Pear tree cottage! said...

Well hello to a dear new friend that I have not visited in such a long time. I see your home is bursting out of the landscape and soon I am sure you will be moving in. I know it will be such a happy home and filled with family and friends how could it not be.

It reminds me of the times I have spent in Kennebunkport and new hampshire with friends, openning the curtains in the morning to a land covered in the most blessed white floss of snow always seen as a miracle to me.

O! and here I sit on a very hot evening after an ever hotter day.

I will not take so long to take a moment to visit you again as I so! enjoy reading about your lovely busy days and the building of your home.

best wishes Lee-ann

Glo said...

Your new home is beautiful.Just happened to fine your blog.Good Luck with everything. We'll keep you and your family in our prayers.
Have a wonderful day and a better tomorrow. God bless.