Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Sunday, August 03, 2008


We're switching gears here. Since our new home is completed, I'm going to start chronicling my gardening adventures. Here you might spy photos of bountiful harvests, or puny crops that failed. Life is an experiment and I like to play in the dirt. If I'm not at home, check the back yard I may be working in the garden.


Photo: two rosemary plants purchased in 4 inch pots, basil started from seeds

3 comments:

Pat said...

I'll be along for the new turn in the road. I'm no where near the gardener you are, so I'll look forward to learning all your tips. I wouldn't mind one bit if you still wanted to throw a picture of the house, just so I can see that my room is still waiting for me!

Sara said...

i'm loving this new garden! count me in!

Felisol said...

Dear Mrs.Mac,
I would like to join you on your gardening way. Can't think of anything better to do in the summer months.
Looks that you have a lot of acres to cover though.
"Rosemary for remembrance, " Ophelia said.
Mine are eaten by snails!
-The Rosemary, hopefully not the remembrance too.
From Felisol
P.S. Hope to find your house making blog here still. So many good interior decorating ideas!