- Started off with balmy weather ... ending with beautiful first fallen snow.
- Garden finally put to bed for the winter ~ only regret ... not planting anything this fall with such an extended growing season, no garlic planted (yet) .. there may still be time to get it in the ground ...
- Made rich (nourishing) beef AND chicken stocks.
- Baked bread from memory twice this week.
- Tried a new (old) recipe from a mid century cook book (see below).
- A trip to Cabellas netted a pair of warm winter boots for Nathan that will give warmth to his toes AND he can put on and take off all by himself.
- Anniversary (#32) dinner with Mr. Mac ... we're so practical and bought flannel sheets as a present for each other.
Full-O-Flavor Chicken Thighs1 pound of chicken thighs (I used a mix of thighs and drumsticks). Roll in 1/2 cup flour; brown in 2 tablespoons butter in a hot skillet. Remove chicken to a greased casserole. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet; blend in 1-1/2 tablespoons flour. Add gradually 1-1/4 cups milk, 1 teaspoons salt, 1/8 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon marjoram .. pepper and a dash of garlic powder. Whisk together and cook until slightly thickened; pour over chicken and bake uncovered @325F for 50 minutes.
What's up in your neck of the woods?