Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Friday, April 13, 2007



Now that I figured out how to post pictures with my wonderful dial-up connection, I'll start posting a few each day. There are very few decoration on the walls, as I like to take my sweet time and get a "feel" for what the room needs (so I don't have to patch holes from errant nails). I'll start with the master suite: We desperately need to have drapes made as the thought of moose and deer just outside my bedroom sliding door traversing my yard whilst I'm sleeping is a bit thrilling and creepy (I do find their hoof tracks several times a week ... )

Photos: Our bed; chase lounge ... dresser ... mirrored door leads into the walk-in closet

6 comments:

Pat said...

It looks so inviting...just lovely. I would have to cover my windows right away..I need my privacy! To bad you're not closer, I'd made those drapes with you...I made all the window covering in my daughters new home. It was a lot of work, but also a creative outlet I enjoyed.
I would love to sit on the chaise lounge and sip a cup of tea and gaze at the moose and deer!

Sara said...

how lovely! it seems that every new detail you share makes me think, "just what i would've done!" i hope you're enjoying well-deserved sweet dreams after all your hard work.

Terry said...

It is all so lovely Mrs. Mac.
You know, looking at Miss Patty's site, I can see that she would be a great help to you.
In fact when you finally show us her room, then I really believe she wil be buying her plane ticket as fast as possible and heading down to make her cliam!!..

I think I might be afraid of the buffalo but not the deer!
Have you SEEN any yet?

Do you know Mrs. Mac... that Noel Lewis moved and his next door neighbors are DEER.
He has posted pictures of them on his site.
I hope you get some nice pictures too when you have a little more time!!
Oh THESE pictures are nice!
That didn't sound too good, eh?

Take care and don't work too hard...Love Terry

Mrs. Mac said...

How 'bout moose Miss Terry, Not buffalo (hee, hee).

Terry said...

Yeh,,I would be scared of the meeces too Mrs. Mac!!..Love Terry

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh my this room is beautiful. Its so restful! I dont think Id ever get up if I had a room like this.