Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

There will be no photos for a while, so I will just fill you in with words. We finally moved into our new home on March 10th and have been settling in for the past month. Mounds of effort were expended and we still have many more boxes of STUFF to sort through. I'm debating whether or not to have a garage sale to get rid of the mounds of unnecessary junk that has been hauled with us. Why do we need to have so much stuff??? I'd like to just give it all away as the amount of energy used to put together a sale is exhausting just to think about. This week finds us waiting for our final grading of the property so we can start landscaping and getting the driveway paved. We had the satellite dish installed and can now get TV reception ... but the Internet situation is not the best ... but who cares. It was rather nice not having either for the past month! Today a worker will be here to take care of the many little details that need to be checked off my "punch" list. Doors adjusted, trim molding around the base of cabinets, door stops installed, etc. etc. Tomorrow my claw foot tub should be hooked up; the thing has taken great effort to get installed! Saturday was a most beautiful warm springlike day; and I have the allergies to prove it. Not quite in full bloom, but almost there.

3 comments:

Pat said...

It's probably been a blessing in disguise to be internet free - you've been able to concentrate on more important things - like getting settled. Has hubby retired and moved in for good?
I personally am going through new house picture withdrawal and I'm starting to get the shakes. See what you can do to take care of that, will you?!

Terry said...

Remember now Mrs. Mac...the guest room may be for Miss Patty...but tell her to keep her feet out of my claw foot bath tub, ya' hear!!

The same thing goes for the "Dawg"
Dawgs just can't be trusted.
One time my sister-in-law from Iowa was staying at Betty's and she drew herself a nice hot bath and while she went to the bedroom to pick up a book, she was horrified to see, when she returned, Betty's big Golden Retriever, Daisy enjoying HER nice warm sudsy bath.
Hadn't even bothered to take off his fur coat!
NO, I say, Dawgs just CANNOT be trusted, Mrs. Mac.............Love Terry


PS..I wouldn't miss TV but I would surely miss my internet.
I really missed YOU!!
I don't know WHAT I would of done without Miss Patty!!

Pat said...

Same for me Terry - I'd miss you too! I think it's nice of Mrs. Mac to let us use her site to "talk" to each other!
Oh, I could just see a golden retreiver doing that - they sure love the water!!