Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Monday, April 23, 2007






The "daily" home tours are not consecutive if you haven't figured that out by now. I'm just too busy figuring out how to work everything that I don't have much time left at the end of the day :)

Here's a peek at the dining room. It is its own room off the kitchen. Three walls are exterior; two with nice windows and a single French door. There are no blinds up yet ... I love the views and won't do much other than simple Roman or cloth roller shades. We're not a "formal" type of family and didn't want a "formal" type of dining room. The table and antique sideboard were purchased when we got married (26 years ago). As soon as I get some stools, we can eat at the kitchen counter.

See the cuckoo clock hanging on the wall. A recent find at a "junk" store. Wasn't working too well when I got it home ... fortunately (?) it fell off the wall ... struck my head and nose ... I caught it in mid-air ... now it works just fine.

The dining room chandelier once hung in my grandparent's home.

1 comment:

Terry said...

O so beautiful Mrs. Mac!!

Is the room with the table and chairs the "Glass Room"?
Oh it is so nice and bright!!
I just love it!!...Love Terry

Mrs.Mac...Did you read The Pigrim's Blog today?
It is a very important one...