Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Saturday, June 27, 2009


Helpful Hint. My mom gave me this great tip several years ago about getting the most from a steel wool soap pad. After using your soap pad, gently squeeze out the excess water and wrap in a piece of aluminum foil. The pad will be reusable for many more scrubbing chores without turning rusty.

2 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

I reuse my sos pads too. I keep a small glass jar under the sink and after squeezing them out...everything is so expensive these days!

Kimberly said...

Cutting the pads in half or quarters before using them helps them last longer, too!