Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Sunday, June 28, 2009




Floral-bundance! I just love to make up new words. And 'floral-bundance' seems to fit the description of this lovely bouquet I picked from the garden when my parents were visiting. Included are peonies, cat mint, wild lupine, and spirea.

The Beginning:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of god was hovering over the waters ... Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: see-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds ... and it was so."

From Genesis, Chapter 1 (NIV)

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

The lupines are just past bloom here now & soon will be gone. Your bouquet is just lovely!

Thanks for the comment on my blog, & thanks for letting me peek into your life! I used to live in Western MT & so went thru N. Idaho a few times. Very beautiful there. I don't remember how i found you, i think we're followers of a few of the same blogs. Our elevation is about 7000 Ft, & we have a shorter growing season here (100 miles E of LA!) than we had in MT. Last night the low was 42 F, tho, & it hasn't been below freezing at night for more than a week.

I sometimes go by Katee-Kat. Hope you have a wonderful day & thank you for sharing. :)