Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Friday, June 05, 2009

The 'Mother' ...

of all mothers :)

Have you tried organic raw apple cider vinegar??? If not, run out and buy yourself a bottle. It's the best tasting stuff since ... since I don't know what! I bought this brand at the health food store. We like to slice fresh garden cucumbers ... or the English store bought ones .. sprinkle with a little course sea salt, a few pinches of sugar, and a few splashes of the vinegar. Tonight I made a salad dressing with this zesty ingredient.

The 'mother' is explained here and is what makes the vinegar so flavorful, special, nutritious, and delicious.


Salad Dressing:


1/2 C vinegar
1/3 C olive oil
1-2 tbls honey
pinch of sea salt to taste
1-1/2 tbls. dijon mustard

whisk and enjoy

2 comments:

Stella Jones said...

Interesting explanation about the 'Mother'. I'd never heard of that before. In England, we love to make cucumber sandwiches, slicing the cucumber so thin that you can see through it. I like the American cucumbers very much too.
Blessings, Star

Pat said...

I've been buying Braggs for years. It all started when I needed somthing to help my digestive system (IBS). I used to mix it into a protein shake and it really healed the problem. It's amazing stuff. It didn't taste that great in the shake, but it was worth drinking, I just held my nose and glugged it down!