Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Restoration Tuesday

RESToration!  Requires REST.  Do you get enough REST?  How can you be RESTored if you are not RESTed?  I bet Dr. Seuss could make a children's book on this subject.

How do I REST?  Let me count the ways:
  1. Limit caffeine .. and never past 2:00 PM if I plan on sleeping at night
  2. No TV in the bedroom
  3. Sleep with the window cracked
  4. Stick to a routine
  5. Eat healthy food
  6. Read about topics of interest
  7. Drink plenty of water
  8. Enjoy a cup of spearmint tea before bed .. it's become a 'signal' that it's my bedtime
  9. Rub a little lavender oil on my pillowcase or diffuse near my bed
  10. Read a novel in bed
Do you RESTore your body, mind and soul each day?

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Even where you live you crack a window, in winter?

I love sleeping with a window open, but it is just too cold this time of year to do that.

I've been using some frankincense on my head or feet at night. It has helped with my energy, a bit, but i do smell like a pine tree when i do with one particular brand.

Mrs. Mac said...

It is very cold this week, but we've had a warmer than usual Dec/Jan .. and I did crack (1/8-1/4 inch a small window) just to get fresh air in the bedroom.

donna said...

I enjoyed your list; mine is not as long, but does contain a few of yours. Cheers to happy restored living! ♥