Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Today I watched a rerun of a TV episode of The Victory Garden. It had a segment on composting and a veggie garden. The salad made by the host included just about everything from the garden and made my mouth water. My mind is already churning and thinking about what to plant when the snows melt in late spring. I can dream, and plan, and buy some seeds. That just might tide me over until I can once again work in the dirt.

2 comments:

Barb Davis said...

Congratulations! You're the winner of a pashmina scarf from The Serenity Gate. Please stop by and take a look. Happy New Year!!

Connie said...

I love the slow time after a busy Christmas with family, to sit down and read my seed catalogs and order seeds for my next garden. Happy New Year...and your best garden ever!