Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Nathan enjoys eating cookies. Saturday was spent at a little friends home. The two were to decorate gingerbread men. He has a mind of his own and insisted on keeping his undecorated ;) He's truly a plain and simple guy. Perhaps he's Amish :). Come to think of it, his bedroom decor is nothing other than a simple wooden headboard, a dresser and a night stand. Not one thing hangs on the walls ... a simple window shade and a plain red valance dress his window. Plain white or well worn flannel sheets, a soft blanket and a bed quilt. A true 'give me simple comfort' type of fellow.

(Nathan is my 13 year old son that has Down Syndrome.)

4 comments:

DarcyLee said...

It sure would make the room much easier to clean. Simple can be very good.

Felisol said...

Dear Mrs. Mac,
Nathan knows what he likes and he's getting things the way he prefers. Could things be better?
I have seen that he likes to dress up, so he's a young man with a good taste.
Isn't that an admirable virtue?
I lie him.
And I like you.
From Felisol

Troy said...

I read this post and immediately thought of the hymn: It's a gift to be simple! It's a gift to be free! It's a gift to be just who you ought to be!

Maybe we could all take a lesson from Nathan.

I Found your blog recently and have enjoyed reading it.

Troy

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Yes, I would like to learn to keep things clutter free. You go, Nathan!