Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

If Ever ...

Photo by Mrs. Mac
my stove stops working completely, I'd search high and low for something like this .. then do a little remodel in the kitchen area to make a free standing wood cook stove fit in.  Of course, then I'd need a summer kitchen on a closed in porch for cooking when it's warm outside ... canning day would not require an apology for such a mess in the kitchen should company drop by :) ... you've read the story, "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" .. or .. " ...a Duck a Doughnut .. or ... Moose a Muffin" ... one thing leads to another.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love a stove like this ... maybe when we get our cabin in the woods.
vickie

meemsnyc said...

Ooh. this stove is awesome! I would love this.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a beautiful old stove. It would take some getting used to as to how it bakes, etc., but lovely to look at all the time.

FlowerLady

Linda said...

Love the old stove!! I would certainly like to have this and it is so beautiful!
Have a great day,
Blessings

LynnS said...

Oh is that one a beauty!

Dani said...

Mrs Mac - do you have any hints for cooking in your wood burning stove? We have one, but I'm unsure how to cook in the oven. Would really appreciate some advice. Many thanks.

Dani
dani@ecofootprint.co.za