Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Tuesday, July 25, 2006


Try, try, try to not have to re-do or return something when building a new home. The hassles are great and sometimes cost additional $. I got blessed today and was able to exchange an undelivered kitchen range, but it was a big hassle. We orignially were going to go all electric with the building of our new home. Then about a week ago, decided to go ahead and install the gas lines just in case we opted to change out some appliances later on ... or for a good resale selling point (believe me, we're not thinking of selling our home). Our original kitchen range was from LG and had a glass cooktop/covnvection oven. Nothing wrong with this choice, but my cast iron skillets are a big no-no against the glass. I was starting to feel sad about my original choice and opted to return the range in exchange for a duel fuel Jenn-Air double oven. Of course, it's in white! I'm getting excited to start cooking on it :)

2 comments:

Pat said...

Good choice! I like white appliances too, I guess I'm old fashioned. Can you smell the turkey roasting? MMMMMMMmmmmmm

Mrs. Mac said...

Yes, bg, I can smell the turkey, the apple pie, the oatmeal cookies ... and I'm even seeing my cast iron skillets and the griddle sitting pretty on the burners! The smaller oven can be used as a "salamander" ... aka fancy toaster/broiler or as a small electric oven. The larger oven is a convection and is roomy with three racks. I kept thinking I needed just one HUGE oven, but having two ovens at my last home, I usually used the smaller one 95% of the time (saves fuel).