Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Monday, July 10, 2006


What a most exciting time I had today selecting cabinets for the new kitchen. Depending on the budget, we will either go with the simple door in colonial white (lighter cream than shown) and have the back of peninsula and end cabinets faced in beadboard of the same color... both having a slight glaze. For three of the bathrooms and laundry room, I'm going with a nice hickory with a nutmeg finish. The variations of the wood grain and patterns are beautiful and will fit in with our woodsy area (this should make dh happy as he likes wood). The master bath will also be of the colonial white as my bedroom furniture is painted antique furniture in a light cream color with worn edges.
Top photo is of my bedroom in my old home

2 comments:

Pear tree cottage! said...

It will be beautiful........All your dreams come true.

best wishes

Pat said...

Oh, I just read your post, I'm living vicariously though you! I love your choice of cupboards, and I'm now reading your back posts to see what I've missed. We've dreamed of having a home built but to scared to try! My husband is a retired firefighter, maybe someday we'll work up the nerve. I'm looking forward to reading more!