Photo: Great grandparents at their farm in Blandinsville, IL, with five of their six children .. my grandpa was yet a twinkle in grandma's eye. Stable boy and governess also pictured. Hodges farm, circa 1903-4

Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Needing to Find Groove Again

I am beside myself with having an open calendar after running on adrenaline and coffee the past two years with travel and meetings; being a lady of leisure is taking a bit of getting used to. This week the Mr. and I are making plans to add a little whimsy into the garden with the addition of a tool shed that looks like an old outhouse. Don't know why I am so fascinated with western and old timey things - but building a mini chuck wagon/cart is next on the horizon. We are gearing up for an autumn party that has the theme of Romancing the West ... complete with a campfire Dutch oven cookout. My brain is willing ... but sometimes I overthink and make grandiose plans. This too shall pass. Our days hover in the 80 and 90 F temps - with nights dipping into the 50 and 40s F. The tree leaves are starting to turn yellow and orange - fall is not far away. This summer has been a little smokey - but not as bad as past summers. Anxiety of fire tapers off once the seasons change. Random rambling thoughts for this week.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Whimsy in the garden is fun. I look forward to seeing your tool shed!